Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Making Sure Those Around You Hear the Gospel

Here is an excerpt from Chapter 7 of Journey of Grace. I think many of us can relate to being in a situation where we want to share the gospel with a friend or coworker, but can't quite figure out how to bring it up. Grace was hoping it would just come up in conversation with Jan. As months passed by without that “prime moment” she decided she needed to be more intentional about it. Sometimes being upfront is the best way to share the gospel because it shows that you are serious about it and don't want the person to miss it. 
 
Good morning, Jan,” Grace greeted as she punched in at
McDonald’s on Monday morning. “How’s life?”
Oh, all right, I suppose,” Jan said in an unconvincing
tone.
Jan, I have something I’ve been meaning to talk to you
about for a long time. I want to share with you how you can
have forgiveness and new life in Christ Jesus.”
Grace, I can tell that you have something that most
people don’t have, and I truly wouldn’t mind hearing about it
another time, but I need to get to work right now.”
Okay, maybe we could meet for lunch sometime to talk
about it more?”
Sure, if you want to.”
I’d love to! How about tomorrow? We both have off.”
Okay. Would Olive Garden be all right?”
Sure.”
I’ll meet you there at about noon.”
Sounds good!”

 In my next post you can "sit in" on Grace and Jan's meeting the following day. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment